Wednesday, November 18, 2009

SAP Portal - Migrate Portal Application from 7.0 to 7.1

I am surprised at the poor migration support of NWDS from 7.0 to 7.1.

I recently installed NWDS 7.1 SP08. Then I started the migration of my portal applications.

I couldn't found any way to do that other than exporting/importing par files. So I did it even at the warning of deprecation.

Then I got 5 missing library errors and 1 warning. The warning is an easy piece. Just use quick fix and it will be gone.

How to deal with these missing libraries? Here is what I did.

I created a new portal application in 7.1 and found there were normally 10 libraries referenced. I opened the .classpath file of the new project, copied the 10 library definitions and pasted in the .classpath file of the newly migrated project.

It still missed libraries of 8 classes.

A few notes,

TSSAP_JAVAX_HOME/lib/servlet.jar
->
SAP_EP/resources/servlet.jar

ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/com.sap.security_2.0.0/lib/com.sap.security.api.jar
->
ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/com.sap.security_2.0.0.091014073932/lib/sap.com~tc~sec~ume~api~impl.jar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Your blog is really helpful. Can you include few more topics-1.Sample/Template of Portal Implementation blue print
2.Steps for doing migration

joshi said...

Hi,

Your blog is really helpful. I am facing a starange issue. I have added one workset to the translation worklist.All objects are added to the worklist except the folder in workset are not added. Could you please help me in this.How can i see the folders in the worklist.


Regards
Joshi.